Columbia Tunnel Dryer Overview
The Columbia is the full-sized production tray dryer, capable of
large scale dehydration while maintaining consistency and
uniformity. The Columbia has proven to be very flexible, drying a
wide range of products, and it can be customized to a unique and
demanding application. For both high production and high quality,
look to the Columbia for your commercial and industrial dehydration
- UL EPH approved for food sanitation safety
- UL panel and gas train
- Double-walled, insulated stainless or carbon steel construction.
- It uses a 30 HP single 72-inch (182.88 cm) fan for high air
velocity. This produces approximately 71,000 CFM (2010.50
Can be upgraded to 20 HP twin 60-inch (152.4 cm) fans producing
106,000 CFM (3001.58 CMM).
- Indoor or outdoor installation.
- Requires duct work to exhaust air out of the building and bring
fresh air in.
- AHCS (Automated Humidity Control System) — standard feature on
dryer for operational cost savings.
- Maximum operating temperature to 220°F/104°C
- 3.5 million BTU standard burner that uses natural gas, butane or
propane for its fuel source. 5 million BTU burner available as an
- Thermostatic Temperature Control (from ambient to 220°F/104°C).
- Powerful fixed speed fan (variable speed available).
- Adjustable fresh air inlet (humidity control)
- Direct fired gas burner (natural gas or propane)
- Steel Tube Construction
- Height: 16-feet, 6-inches (5.03 m) Installed
- Width: 13-feet, 7-inches (4.14 m )
- Length: 43-feet, 8-inches (13.31 m)
Columbia Operation Costs
||Fan Motor HP
||Heat Type, Max load
||Average Electrical Load (Fan)
||Average Heat Load
||Average Hourly Cost Fan/Heat
||Gas Burner, 3.5
||1.4 million BTU's
||14 Therms x $1.45 =
10.26 kw/hr x $0.12 = $1.23
Total Average Cost = $21.53
*Notes: All heating loads were computed based
on a 40% consumption rate. This is an average
figure, and may not accurately represent all
applications. Energy costs will vary per Therm
and Kilowatt. Check rates for your area.
- Telfon Liners
- Digital Thermometer
- Choice of Data logger or Chart Recorder
- Tray Cart
- Extra set of trays (solid or perforated)